They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”
In just a few days, we get to celebrate the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. He is the one above all. I couldn’t finish this advent series without addressing him as the King above all kings.
By definition, a king is the male ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth.
Our King inherited the earth and its creation from our father. He is the ruler of all. He is above all names, and he is the King of our hearts.
Today I wanted to simply remind myself of what it takes to make him King of my heart.
- Faith and trust go a long way. We’ve seen Him move on our behalf, so we have to trust He will do so again.
- Love. He is a King that loved us first, so how much more can we love him.
- Respect. We have to respect what He has given us. The body we live in, the food we eat, the bed we sleep in.
- Humility. It takes a humble heart to acknowledge that we need a king. The world tells us that we don’t need anyone or anything to help us. We are strong and independent people. But you and I know we need help, we say it all the time, and it starts with humbly surrendering every aspect of our lives. We need to surrender our plans for the new year, our wishes, and our dreams. Our careers and our Christmas bonus. We need to surrender our weaknesses and the things we cannot live without because even if we lost everything, we would still have Him.
- Last but not least, we must remember we have a friend. I read somewhere that most adults feel lonely. I know the feeling. Sometimes I feel lonely. If that’s you, I want to remind you that although you cannot see Him, you can feel Him. He is with you. Strengthening you. Guiding you. Helping you. You are not alone.
Father God, we are getting so close to the celebration of the birth of your son Jesus, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Lord, today we work on making Him the King of our life. We work on our faith and our trust. We will work on our ability to love. We will humble our hearts and surrender all aspects of our lives. But ultimately, we will confide in Him, for he is our best friend in this world. He makes the lonely days seem less lonely. We love you with everything, and we ask that you bless the day ahead of us, AMEN!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment